Wireless networking solutions provider Cambium Networks today announced the new cnPilot e700, a cloud-managed enterprise-class outdoor Wi-Fi Access Point. With an IP67-rated enclosure, supporting the 802.11ac Wave 2 standard, the access point is ideal for providing connectivity at hotels, schools, enterprise and industrial campuses where client capacity and network performance are of important.
“High capacity outdoor Wi-Fi deployments must withstand challenging outdoor environments, such as high winds, rain, extreme temperature ranges and blowing sand to prevent internal damage while also being able to support extensive network demands,” says Ovum practice leader Daryl Schoolar.
“Those network demands means keeping pace as digital devices get smarter and the applications they run generate more data and need greater bandwidth.”
“We deployed the cnPilot e700 to provide connectivity to an outdoor food truck park in McAllen, Texas,” says Frontera Consulting co-founder Drew Lentz.
“The results that we have seen over the last two weeks have been encouraging. We are using Cambium Networks free cloud management solution cnMaestro to monitor and maintain the equipment and wireless connectivity.”
The cnPilot e700 features include:
- 8 dBi high-gain omnidirectional antenna at 2.4 and 5 GHz
- 11ac wave 2 standard based beam forming on 5 GHz
- 4×4 MU-MIMO antenna on 5 GHz
- 2×2 MIMO antenna on 2.4 GHz
- EIRP: 33 dBm (2.4 GHz) and 36 dBm (5 GHz)
- 512 clients, 16 SSIDs
- IP67 rated rugged enclosure
- “The cnPilot e700 is a cloud-managed AP that uses beamforming in both the uplink and downlink to deliver high performance in environments with high RF interference,” says Cambium Networks Product Line Management Vice President Rad Sethuraman.
“In addition to these new features on the cnPilot e700, the system supports LTE filtering in bands adjacent to 2.4 GHz to minimize interference and improve performance; and an auxiliary PoE out port to power an accessory such as a wireless backhaul module, environmental sensors, or a security camera.”
The e700 complements the e410 and e600 indoor 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi access points, allowing network operators to deploy seamless indoor and outdoor coverage on their campuses, and enhancing the power of their users to communicate efficiently and effectively – wherever they might be working.