Commvault's SaaS division experiences notable growth
Commvault has revealed the global momentum that its SaaS division Metallic has experienced since its launch two years ago.
Alongside Metallic, Commvault has also launched an access programme for ThreatWise, the company's new offering following its acquisition of TrapX, as well as a new name for the established Metallic Cloud Storage Service to better reflect its value for customers.
According to Commvault, in two years, Metallic has experienced growth and has accomplished:
- Portfolio expansion more than tripling Metallic's offerings from launch
- Growing from $1 million to $50 million ARR in six quarters
- Establishing incredible cloud partnerships including Microsoft, and a newly launched MSP business with global design partner SoftwareOne
- Expansion to serve more than 2,000 customers, with availability in more than 30 countries around the globe
Commvault states, Metallic’s growth and success is due to the response from customers. The company states, the solution offers the security and flexibility companies of all sizes need to meet the current moment of both accelerated change and rising risk.
Through Metallic, together with a set of intelligent data services delivered as SaaS, software, or appliance, Commvault states the company is focused on helping customers move fast, stay agile, and put security first as they modernise their business.
Overall, 17% of ransomware attacks only ask for money in exchange for a decryption key, while the other 83% involve some form of data leakage, exfiltration, theft, or damage.
In other words, the majority of attacks have bigger plans than just denying access to data, and instead are monetising and exploiting businesses and personal data in new and malicious ways, Commvault states.
Companies must reimagine their data protection strategy to focus on insulating their data from new threats, not just recovering from them.
Following Commvault’s acquisition of TrapX in February, this week the company is launching an early access programme for ThreatWise, a warning system to help companies spot cyberattacks and allow early action alongside comprehensive tools for recoverability.
ThreatWise is designed to help catch latent and silent threats traversing environments to contain and limit windows of exposure because true data protection is not about recoverability alone.
Air-gapped cloud storage is an essential part of any data protection strategy as companies navigate the rise and growing sophistication of ransomware, which is why Commvault launched Metallic Cloud Storage Service (MCSS) nearly two years ago.
Since then, companies around the world have adopted this solution as part of their data security strategy, while also paying off on their cloud transformation initiatives and the drive to create efficiencies and lower costs.
MCSS now has a new name, Metallic Recovery Reserve, to speak to the value Commvault has heard from its customers. A company’s data is its strategic reserve and those reserves must be called upon to help speed up recovery and ensure businesses can get up and running fast in the face of a cyberattack.
Metallic Recovery Reserve is a way to secure data and control costs. Since it is fully integrated with Commvault software, admins can use Metallic Recovery Reserve as a backup target like any other disk target or tape target. This removes the need to provide extensive training, since all of this is handled by the Commvault software.
Commvault writes directly to the cloud storage and reads from it for restores, with no compute running in the cloud. All of this is managed through the Commvault Command Center, providing a single UI to manage all corporate data.