Getac updates rugged K120 tablet for businesses in 'challenging' industries
Getac’s ‘rugged tablet’ for the industrial sector has been treated to an upgrade, providing enhanced features to support those working in remote and challenging environments.
The K120 now features an 11th generation Intel quad-core processor (i5 or i7), as well as Iris Xe graphics, 16GB memory and PCIe NVMe replaceable SSD storage, inbuilt WiFi 6 and wireless wide area network (WWAN), Bluetooth 5.2, and integrated GPS/GLONASS.
According to Getac, the enhancements push the original K120’s capabilities to new levels, “combining industry-leading rugged design with the latest technology, applications and services, to deliver a comprehensive solution that helps optimise productivity across a wide range of challenging industries.”
The revamped K120 features a 12.5” display with technology that ensures the screen is readable in outdoor environments. There are multiple touch modes for gloves, pen, digitisers and normal touch.
Intel vPro technology provides security in addition to TPM 2.0, high frequency (HF) radio-frequency identification (RFID) reader, smart card reader, fingerprint reader and Windows Hello.
The device can also withstand 1.8m drop resistance and an operating temperature range of -29°C to 63°C without the risk of data loss, damage or failure.
- Tailored for Getac Select, which combines pre-configured rugged devices, software, accessories, and professional services into a total solution optimised for both individual applications and user groups. Key software utilities available for use alongside the K120 are the Virtual Global Positioning System Utility (VGPS), Getac Driving Safety Utility, Getac Device Monitoring System (GDMS), and KeyWedge Barcode Reader Utility.
- The K120 integrates with management, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and warehouse management system (WMS) software, while an optional barcode and (RFID reader aids smooth warehouse/inventory management operations.
- The K120’s thin and light form factor, multiple usage modes and Thunderbolt 4 technology support data collection and communication, while an optional RS232 port supports legacy equipment, helping to extend lifecycles and streamline field operations.
- Getac’s VGPS utility is a software solution that replicates GPS data to multiple virtual COM ports, allowing up to five different software applications to run simultaneously on a Getac device. Doing so helps extend the life of legacy applications that require COM port interfaces to run in parallel, such as automatic vehicle location (AVL), computer-aided design (CAD), or eCitation. VGPS can be integrated with any GPS-equipped Getac device.
- Optional Getac accessories include secure vehicle and office docks, hard handle, shoulder strap (2-point), dual bay battery charger and full-size keyboard.
- MIL-STD-810H, MIL-STD-461G and IP66 certification.