HPE launches SMB microserver solution
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is launching new SMB (small-medium business) technologies with a focus on simplicity, security and automation.
The solutions include:
- ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus - includes automation, remote management, and security capabilities, and Intel Pentium and Intel Xeon processors.
- HPE MicroServer – includes a small form factor, less than US$20/month cost, and simple set up.
“Digital transformation is becoming a key part of IT strategy for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) and we expect two-thirds of SMBs to embrace it by 2023,” says IDC SMB research programme research director Shari Lava.
“SMBs are looking for easy-to-manage solutions that can scale as needed. Solutions, such as this one from HPE, addresses this demand with small businesses by delivering enterprise-grade technologies, which combine servers, software, networking and cloud capabilities that are easier for small business to adopt and manage regardless of their in-house IT capabilities.”
In addition, HPE is giving financial support, provided by Financial Subscription Services, a programme for recurring payment services delivered through the vendor’s partners.
The ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus weighs 4.5kg and is a third of the size of existing server market offerings, allowing it to be light enough to carry and be placed in any-sized environment.
Through a monthly subscription-based service, customers with any business goal can adopt it for less than $20 / month and gain the following capabilities:
- Compute support for virtualisation and database workloads which runs at 36 decibels, around the same as a modern refrigerator.
- The HPE-exclusive silicon root of trust technology, which is recognised by insurers in the Marsh Cyber Catalyst programme for its ability to reduce risk. It extends security protection at the silicon-level to protect data, detect issues and recover from firmware attacks.
- InfoSight for Servers, a cloud-based AI management tool, is offered to SMBs to monitor the health of their server and use predictive analytics to predict and prevent server issues.
- Remote management server capabilities with HPE Integrated Lights Out 5 (iLO5), a software server management tool that allows SMBs to configure, monitor, and update servers.
- Ability to run core business applications on-premises in the office and concurrently consume cloud-based services that are supported by Microsoft Azure.
Partners and customers can select the new HPE MicroServer now as the entry point for the HPE Small Office Deployment solution, a complete small office technology foundation.
These include Aruba’s Instant On family of indoor/outdoor Wi-Fi access points for small businesses, and the HPE RDX Removable Disk System that scales for local file and storage backup, and recovery support.