Orion Health has launched a cloud-based rhapsody integration on Amazon Web Services (AWS), a simple, out-of-box solution targeting complex healthcare enterprises.
Rhapsody-as-a-Service (RaaS) offers a full-service model to the global healthcare sector and has been released alongside RaaS’s global integration as a Service (IaaS) capability to manage and maintain the entire integration engine for users.
Following the legacy of Orion Health’s Rhapsody Integration Engine, which has been implemented across 30 countries globally, RaaS brings the same features of the Integration Engine to organisations working in the cloud.
Orion Health CEO, Ian McCrae, believes that migrating from on premises servers to cloud-based services provides many benefits.
McCrae adds, “As the healthcare sector takes advantage of the benefits of moving to the cloud as other industries have, and with the recent developments in healthcare compliance and certification, Orion Health is evolving solutions to help healthcare organisations transform their IT systems, helping them deliver improved patient care.”
“And as demands on healthcare IT systems increase, improving financial performance remains a priority for most public and private health organisations.”
“Taking advantage of Rhapsody as a Service’s simplicity, organisations can quickly realise cost savings, improve flexibility, reduce risk and increase security, deploy IT faster, and increase scalability.”
According to Orion Healthcare, key features of RaaS include:
- Provides rapid interoperability between healthcare systems, connecting solutions seamlessly, in less time, and at a lower cost
- Eliminates or reduces expensive hardware and maintenance of on premises systems
- Takes on the entire responsibility for a customer’s integration solution with IaaS
- Establishes a new and competitive pricing model, while using the latest version of Rhapsody’s technology and configuration
- Enables highly available deployments and services recover from failures automatically while minimizing downtime
- Provides 24/7 pro-active monitoring and on-call expert engineers.
Orion Health head of research and development Mark Capill highlights RaaS’s increased flexibility through providing elastic scalability.
“Rhapsody as a Service uses AWS to scale storage capacity and computing power so that the customer only uses, and pays for, what it needs,” said Capill.
“The solution also provides off-the-shelf compliance which adheres to the appropriate healthcare guidelines. This cloud-based solution aggregates and stores data in offsite and multiple locations while providing organisations with reliable access to their data.”