UCG appoints NZ Delivery Partner contractors as full members of employment association, EMA
Telco design, construction and maintenance provider Universal Communications Group (UCG) is providing a boost for its small business suppliers.
UCG is appointing all of its New Zealand Delivery Partner subcontractors as full members of the Employers and Manufacturers Association (EMA NZ), the company announced today.
Delivery partners will now have access to business support and training, employee relations, human resources and legal services through the EMA.
Delivery partners can also access the wider, nationwide EMA network. This network includes Business Central, Business NZ, Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce and Otago Southland Employers’ Association.
According to UCG New Zealand executive general manager Roger Crellin, UCG’s delivery partners play a key role in providing programme management associated with installation and maintenance services, particularly to the construction sector, infrastructure providers, and the telecommunications sector.
“Membership of the EMA will support the principals of our Delivery Partners (DPs) by providing them with the business advice to help them better manage and scale their business. This will enable the DPs to easily obtain qualified and comprehensive employment relations support and upskilling opportunities, including access to education, training events and forums held by the EMA.
Crellin adds that small businesses are having a tough time amid the current economic climate, and UCG aims to do everything it can to help small businesses that support its work.
“Full membership of the EMA means they can access focused specific advice on employment issues where they need guidance and also have constant access to advice on how to improve employee relations.”
UCG also aims to support delivery partners’ growth, compliance, responsibility, and stability during compliance and legislative change.
The programme includes:
- Advice line 8am to 8am Monday to Thursday, 8am to 6pm Friday
- Website resources on call 24/7
- A-Z guides with over 120 downloadable detailed resources, as well as ‘how to’ guides on most HR/ER topics
- Briefings, personal seasonal updates on all matters commercial, advocate and HR legal, delivered from Kaitaia to Taupo by EMA and nationwide by other regions, as well as a virtual webinar
- Events networking, webinars (some no charge) on all topical matters (e.g.) vaccinations
- Training membership heavily discounted prices for all public training courses (over 70) as well as OSH qualifications which are ITO recognised. There are 120 e-learning courses in the library
- Bulletin weekly updates from Employment Authority findings, legislation updates and risks
- Direct access to an account manager for general membership support
- Partners’ discounts with nib Insurance, Z Energy, Malcolm Pacific Immigration, NZ Payroll Association
Photo (from left): UCG general manager operations Andrew Clark, Monish Raj from MR Communication, UCG executive general manager for NZ Roger Crellin, and Swarna Nand from Fixtel Communications.