8x8 unveils Experience Communications as a Service to help organisations meet new work requirements
Cloud communications platform provider 8x8 has announced Experience Communications as a Service (XCaaS), a cloud communications deployment model designed to erase the boundary between Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS).
According to 8x8, with XCaaS, organisations can support the communications requirements of all employees as they work together to deliver differentiated customer experiences.
"As is in other markets, such as CRM and ERP, when organisations transitioned from legacy, on-premises systems to SaaS and cloud deployment models, fragmentation occurred resulting in multiple disparate solutions across the enterprise," says 8x8 CEO Dave Sipe.
"XCaaS eliminates communications silos, brings the employee experience and customer experience back together, and helps drive the cloud communications industry forward significantly," he says.
IT, CX and line of business leaders are challenged in their ability to deliver effective solutions for an evolving and increasingly complex work environment. Obtaining a 360 degree view of both employees and customers is critical for overall organisational effectiveness and long-term business success.
According to Metrigy, companies find success when they integrate their contact centre with unified communications. Those using an integrated cloud unified communications and contact centre solution from a single vendor reported nearly 100% revenue improvement, a 14% cost decrease, a 57% customer experience rating improvement and a 37% agent efficiency improvement.
8x8 XCaaS delivers a single platform for both employee and customer experience, which includes fully integrated, cloud native contact centre, voice, team chat, meetings and Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) capabilities. Built on a resilient, secure and compliant cloud platform, 8x8 offers the highest levels of reliability, and is backed by the industry's only UCaaS and CCaaS platform-wide 99.99% uptime SLA.
8x8 XCaaS addresses today's dynamic, critical workplace requirements by offering:
- High Availability Platform: ensures consistent, global service delivery across all employee and customer communications backed by a platform-wide SLA. Delivers the highest levels of security, privacy, compliance and data residency adherence through a single framework and policy.
- Company-Wide Collaboration: offers one organisation-wide directory with shared real-time presence and seamless contextual transfers between voice, video and chat interactions.
- Unified Administration: provides a single provisioning and configuration console for all employee communications along with single pane system-wide monitoring and reporting and mix and match user types.
- Shared Integrations: delivers a single integration framework across contact centre and cloud communications for more than 50 third-party apps, including Microsoft Teams to simplify the technology footprint and extend it to new use cases and workflows.
- Cross-Platform Analytics: provides relatable, cross-platform data sets that deliver real-time insights from every interaction, as well as more powerful AI and machine learning and a complete view of customer journeys across the organisation. Managers and supervisors are able to provide real-time feedback using advanced natural language processing (NLP), machine learning and AI.