26 May 2011
Citrix loads on the announcements
Citrix acquires Kaviza
- Citrix is expanding desktop virtualisation to the SMB market through the strategic acquisition of Kaviza.
- Kaviza sells VDI-in-a-box solutions. The acquisition means Citrix now has an SMB desktop virtualisation product that doesn’t require storage or the usual desktop virtualisation brokers.
- Citrix officially unveiled Citrix XenClient 2, the second generation of its bare-metal client hypervisor developed in collaboration with Intel, which allows centrally managed virtual desktops to run directly on corporate laptops, even when disconnected from the network.
- The new version of XenClient adds extensive new ease-of-use and scalability features, and will be certified to run on an estimated 45 million PCs and laptops.
- Citrix also launched XenClient XT, a new standalone product to deliver advanced levels of security, isolation and performance for customers with the most extreme client computing requirements.
- Citrix announced "Project Olympus,” a new cloud infrastructure product based on the popular OpenStack project.
- By utilising OpenStack, Project Olympus inherits the collective experience and innovation of hundreds of experienced open source cloud developers to help customers build real infrastructure-as-a-service clouds that are scalable, efficient and open-by-design.
Citrix has also made a number of other announcements:
- NetScaler Cloud Bridge for enterprise datacentres.
- HDX tech for multimedia and cloud.
- Citrix unveils end-to-end cloud networking lineup.
- New NetScaler cloud gateway orchestrates delivery of SaaS, web and Windows apps
- Citrix unveils "personal cloud" vision
The company is also live streaming sessions from its Synergy 2011 conference. Log in to view here.
Ivanti launches IT service desk integration with Citrix Workspace
The benefits of a transition from on-prem to secure virtual environments
Citrix hires new managing director for A/NZ
Organisations turn to zero trust to support remote workforce - Citrix survey
Lenovo launches hosted desktops solution with Nutanix
Logicalis collaborates with Citrix and Microsoft in new programme launch