Distributor device keeps UFB users going in the dark
New Zealand distributor Maser has launched a device capable of keeping UFB customers connected through power outages.
Eaton's MPS12-30 Micro Power Solution as it's known, provides secure DC power for 'next generation' customer premise equipment.
Offering uninterruptible power supply for fibre connections, the product also provides power for IP telephony applications.
An integrated battery provides secure power backup to critical services such as phone, medical alert, home automation and security during a commercial (mains) AC power outage.
Typical backup time on battery power is approximately four to eight hours, depending on factors such as usage, battery age, state of charge and environmental conditions.
On top of this, the MPS12-30 greatly improves battery service life compared to comparable outdoor designs, making it the ideal secure power protection unit where continuation of critical services is the objective.
• Universal input range of 80 - 260VAC
• 12V DC (30W max.) output
• Integrated, hot-swappable battery backup allows replacement by the owner, without power interruption
• Microprocessor controlled for maximising reliability
• Audible power failure alarm with mute
• Digital outputs for remote monitoring
• Wall mountable design for flexibility
• Multiple LED design for AC power and battery status indications
For more information about the product, please click here