Informatica launches service for cloud data integration on AWS
Informatica has announced a free service to help kick start data-led migration on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The Informatica Cloud Data Integration free service on AWS helps customers get started using the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC) to process data integration and data loading use cases to AWS, the company states.
It helps to accelerate data integration, transformation, and loading of priority workloads to AWS for cloud data warehousing, data lakes, and analytics use cases.
It also provides an integration with Amazon Redshift Console to simplify data ingestion from popular on-premises, cloud, application and SaaS data sources to Amazon Redshift, the company states.
Informatica is a Launch Partner of Amazon Redshift Console Integration. As a result, Informatica's integration with Amazon Redshift Console provides Amazon Redshift customers enhanced data management solutions for their analytics initiatives.
Informatica Cloud Data Integration free service on AWS offers the following:
- Cloud Data Integration Services with intelligent, automated, high performance data integration at scale, with higher data processing capabilities.
- Cloud Mass Ingestion Services to streamline the building and running of complex integrations with high-performance ingestion of enterprise databases and files from on-premises and cloud sources.
- Out-of-the box connectivity to the most popular on-premises, cloud, and SaaS data sources and applications, including Amazon Redshift, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Oracle, ODBC, Salesforce.com, CSV, FTP, and REST.
The Informatica native Amazon Redshift Console with IDMC enables enterprises to:
- Move data into Amazon Redshift without coding for speed, agility and high productivity.
- Configure hundreds of data sources in a few clicks, define additional ELT/ETL transformations to process business data, connect data with other datasets, and build consolidated views for analysis and reporting.
- Automate parallel loading into Amazon Redshift clusters optimising with ELT/ETL patterns for high throughput and performance.
- Connect seamlessly with cloud-native connectors for Amazon Redshift, Amazon S3, Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), and Amazon Aurora, and to the most popular on-premises, cloud and SaaS data sources and applications.
Informatica vice president strategic ecosystems and technology Rik Tamm-Daniels says, “Data is growing exponentially and is more distributed and fragmented than ever.
"Connecting the right data with the right consumer is one of the biggest opportunities facing organisations that want to ensure all users have access to data they can trust.
"Informatica's Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC) is another innovation milestone in its decade-long relationship with AWS to make it easier for customers on Amazon Redshift and other AWS services to easily, and confidently manage high-quality data to achieve business innovation and true digital transformation.”