Ivanti launches IIoT platform to accelerate supply chain operations with digital transformation
Ivanti Wavelink, the supply chain business unit of Ivanti, has announced Ivanti Neurons for Industrial Internet of Things, as it looks to help organisations further automate and optimise their supply chain operations.
With Ivanti Neurons for IIoT, organisations can rapidly build scalable applications which integrate into existing processes, driving operational efficiency, the company says.
The announcement comes at a critical time, as the global supply chain remains in a state of crisis, facing pressing issues such as a massive labour shortage, poor distribution management and lack of end-to-end supply chain visibility.
To combat these issues, organisations across industry verticals, including transportation and logistics, manufacturing, oil and gas, healthcare and retail, are urgently seeking ways to accelerate digital transformation initiatives and revolutionise supply chain operations.
"Today, many warehouses and distribution centres feature smart devices such as smart conveyors, sensors, cameras, robots and collaborative robots. Yet the interconnections between these devices and technologies can be complex, expensive and sometimes risky," Ivanti says.
With Ivanti Neurons for IIoT, organisations can create low-code or no-code applications that automate and enhance supply chain processes and deliver entirely new capabilities.
Organisations can seamlessly integrate these innovative IIoT applications into existing operations, driving further performance improvements and operational efficiencies.
For example, the Ivanti Neurons for IIoT platform integrates rapidly with Ivanti Velocity using its built-in MQTT client and can add IIoT automation around existing task-worker processes without having to invest in expensive WMS changes.
"We are excited to build upon our leadership position in mobile enterprise productivity and expand our footprint into the Industrial Internet of Things market, focusing on supply chain," says Ivanti Wavelink senior VP and general manager, Brandon Black.
"We look forward to helping customers drive even more productivity within the supply chain with Ivanti Neurons for IIoT.
"As one example, businesses can install geolocation beacons on trailers and shipping containers, enabling yard managers to better understand when items will arrive so they can adjust workforce resources accordingly," he says.
"Ultimately, Ivanti Neurons for IIoT democratises information within organisations and the use cases are limitless."
According to Gartner, growing complexity and volatility are forcing supply chain organisations to adjust their technology investments to align with their needs for resiliency, agility and intelligent operations. Supply chain leaders see many emerging technologies as very important to their businesses and are investing in these areas as well. Notable areas of importance and investment are improving employee decision-making and competency through embedded AI, advanced analytics and operating at the edge with the Internet of Things.
At its core, Ivanti Neurons for IIoT connects machines, devices, workers and systems, maximising productivity, deepening insights and improving visibility.
Features and benefits:
- Connect: Ivanti Neurons for IIoT seamlessly integrates data from connected devices and operational technology applications, including Ivanti Velocity, to ensure a single-source repository for diverse business insights.
- Create: With a low-code/no-code workflow builder, Ivanti Neurons for IIoT provides application enablement capabilities so that enterprises can implement rapid solutions.
- Analyse: Ivanti Neurons for IIoT provides tools and capabilities to derive insights from data, allowing for a deeper understanding of the environment and the ability to spot opportunities for improvement.
- Automate: In a single platform, Ivanti Neurons for IIoT orchestrates productivity workflows, optimises devices for peak performance and improves process automation.
- Visualise: With real-time contextual dashboards that deliver cross-device insights, deep analytics and predictive recommendations, Ivanti Neurons for IIoT streamlines decision-making.