Business management platform MYOB has lifted the curtain on the champions of its 2023 Partner Awards, recognising the outstanding efforts of those who have excelled at helping Australian and New Zealand businesses start, survive and succeed.
This year's major awards went to Mead Partners Chartered Accountants for Australian Accounting Practice of the Year, Greenspace Bookkeeping Pty Ltd for Australian Bookkeeping Practice of the Year, and Leumas Accounting Pty Ltd was named Australia's Certified Consultant of the Year.
The 15th edition of the Awards introduced two new categories in 2023. The Emerging Leaders Award was secured by Lhands Consulting as a celebration of their status and early achievements in the accounting and bookkeeping industry, and the Partners SME Client of the Year award went to Walkers Plant Maintenance for embracing digital adoption
The Awards run across Australia and New Zealand and span eight categories, including Long Service Awards, Education Partner of the Year and Educator of the Year. The education awards series recognises those who have gone above and beyond to help students succeed.
The Partner Awards were judged by a panel of MYOB executives, including CEO Paul Robson, CFO Caroline Rawlinson and General Manager - SME Emma Fawcett, who spoke in glowing terms on the quality of nominations in 2023.
Fawcett says, "MYOB's network of partner accountants and bookkeepers is incredible; it was no easy task to separate our winners. We wish to congratulate all our 2023 champions along with everyone on the very deserving list of nominations and express our sincere gratitude to the entire MYOB Partner network for their ongoing and passionate commitment."
- Accounting Practice of the Year Australia winner: Mead Partners Chartered Accountants
- Bookkeeping Practice of the Year Australia winner: Greenspace Bookkeeping Pty Ltd
- Certified Consultant of the Year Australia winner: Leumas Accounting Pty Ltd
- Education Partner of the Year winner: University of Wollongong
- Educator of the Year: Inna Kazakevich - Swinburne University of Technology VET
New Zealand winners
- Accounting Practice of the Year – Buller Chartered Accountants
- Bookkeeping Practice of the Year – Mobile Bookkeeping & Training Services
- Certified Consultant of the Year – Laura Mason, Team Bookkeeping Ltd
- Emerging Leader of the Year – Caitlin Speed, PwC
- Partner SME Client of the Year – Gow Langsford Gallery
- Educator of the Year – Dr Fawad Ahmad, Massey University
- The Ian Berry Award – Shailan Patel
John Pititto, Mead Partners Managing Partner, says, "It's an honour to be recognised by MYOB for our efforts and is great justification for our move to a 100% cloud-based solution which helped us future proof our practice. Thanks to the efficiencies achieved through the GreatSoft, Nimbus and ATO Mate integration, it has improved our capacity and allowed one of our senior admin team members to shift to a 4-day week model."
In addition to the $60,000 of major prizes, which include VIP invitations, flights and accommodation to a luxurious private dinner, exclusive workshops and vouchers, MYOB also celebrates the loyalty of its longest-standing Partners with its annual Service Awards. These highlight the individual Certified Consultants across both Australia and New Zealand who have reached 10, 15, 20 or 25-year milestones as MYOB Partners by the end of the 2023 calendar year.
2022 winner Sue Inkersell from 3rd Arm Admin said she was 'blown away by how special it made her feel. She says, "From the dinner that provided great laughs, networking and the opportunity to meet the Executives, to the workshop where I learnt heaps and couldn't believe the variety of content."