New and improved admin portal for LogMeIn's GoToConnect
LogMeIn has announced a new administrative portal for its unified communications and collaboration (UCC) product, GoToConnect.
The company provides cloud-based solutions such as GoToConnect, GoToMeeting, LastPass and Rescue. LogMeIn says the new admin centre will give IT better visibility and customisation, while also adding new features and preemptively addressing issues with a new system health dashboard.
With the new admin centre, IT admins can better manage GoToConnect accounts within a portal that allows more customisation, such as meeting or phone settings for individual users or groups.
All new GoTo UCC customers and partners can access the admin centre, while existing GoTo customers will have the option to switch to the new admin experience at no additional cost. The new system will serve as the foundation for other GoTo products added over time.
"As businesses adopt new flexible work tools to support hybrid remote working, IT is often left to deal with confusing and complicated admin tools," says LogMeIn UCC chief product officer, Mike Sharp.
"This can be time-consuming and frustrating. So as a company offering world-class products built to support flexible work, we saw an opportunity to simplify and expand our IT and Admin focused capabilities.
"We're launching with robust support for GoToConnect, but we intend to quickly follow with broad IT admin support for the entire family of GoTo products later this year. This streamlined admin experience is designed to make the job of IT admins and partners much easier, by providing them with a single system to deploy, monitor, and preemptively address potential issues," he says.
Some new features for the GoTo admin include:
- System Health Dashboard: Admins can subscribe to receive alerts on key metrics that impact the general experience of their users. The customisable alerts will allow admins to preemptively address audio quality and call volume, audio connection, audio delay, devices online/offline and more. The health dashboard can be configured to include a customisable threshold to trigger alerting, flexible recipients list, and preferred communication channels.
- Bulk Actions: Through the bulk change wizard, admins will be able to bulk apply actions such as add/remove from group, reassign meetings, and change settings to multiple users at once.
- Add Custom Roles: Admins can assign users custom roles or labels to give them a pre-determined group of permissions. Admins can either assign these custom roles upon user creation or use bulk actions to apply these roles if the user already exists.
- User Groups: Account admins can create user groups and subgroups to better manage an account. User groups and subgroups can be used to quickly select multiple users at once to update settings or licenses in bulk or change individual settings.
- Button Configuration: It's now possible to personalise the buttons on desk phones and attached sidecars. Depending on the model of the device, the appropriate number of buttons and button configurations is now editable by the admin.
- Paging: Admins have the ability to create, edit, and delete paging profiles and paging realms in the GoTo Admin.