OpenText has announced the release of its most comprehensive update to the OpenText Content Cloud as part of the Cloud Editions (CE) 21.4 launch at OpenText World.
The release's headline is the expansion of OpenText Core Content, the company's complete SaaS content services platform that will now have deeper integrations with Salesforce and Microsoft 365.
"To empower a distributed workforce, organisations need to provide their employees with content in context," says OpenText CEO - CTO, Mark J. Barrenechea.
"The OpenText Content Cloud integrates with the applications employees use every day, making it easy to collaborate and access information from anywhere in the organisation, improving productivity, enabling automation and strengthening governance."
New collaboration support, improved eSignature, AI-driven information extraction and risk management, and new eDiscovery capabilities in CE 21.4 provide deeper business application integrations.
Core Content now integrates with SAP S/4HANA, Salesforce, Microsoft 365 and OpenText Core Case Management. OpenText says this provides organisations with an agile SaaS content services platform empowering employees to manage, access and share the documents they need within the applications they use every day.
Some benefits include the integration with the Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud, adding content management capabilities for Salesforce users and admins. Integration with Microsoft 365 combines Core Content's business content management capabilities with collaboration and co-authoring directly in Teams. And enhanced integration with OpenText Core Case Management adds process automation to manage the content lifecycle in the context of business processes.
Other features in the latest update include:
- Metadata and search: OpenText is powering Intelligent Capture by adding next-generation Information Extraction Engine (IEE) machine learning. It reduces setup costs and provides more accurate document classification and data extraction, enriching metadata to improve the quality and value of content.
- Hybrid workloads: Organisations can add significant value by integrating Core Solution into their off-cloud applications. With deeper integrations to SaaS solutions, including Core Share and Core Signature, capturing incoming documents for Vendor Invoice Management with Core Capture, improve supplier relationships and share information with Extended ECM for Engineering and Core for Supplier Exchange, and securely storing SAP and non-SAP information from SAP S/4HANA Private Cloud and SAP ERP with Core Archive.
- Risk Guard: OpenText Magellan Risk Guard leverages AI capabilities to uncover and act on risky or inappropriate data potentially stored on systems. It can detect and classify inappropriate content across large volumes of data, including image, audio and video files.
- eDiscovery: The addition of robust RegEx capabilities and pre-configured PII pattern recognition to OpenText Axcelerate enhances the eDiscovery and investigation review process's efficiency and ensures compliance with data privacy regulations.
- eSignature: OpenText Core Signature enables employees and third parties to sign quotes, contracts and other documents in a fast, compliant and hassle-free way.
- New solutions: CE 21.4 adds new solutions to support capital projects and help organisations get ready for returning to the office or hybrid work. The new State Flow solution for OpenText Extended ECM for Engineering further automates and controls engineering work processes to keep projects and tasks on track. The OpenText Return-to-Work Playbook Management helps organisations quickly create, approve, and distribute operational re-start plans and procedures.