Panasonic releases new rugged device for the real world
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Panasonic has added another device to its 2-in-1 detachable tablet PC line-up.
The Toughpad FZ-Q2 is a semi-rugged convertible tablet designed to offer mobile works the best of both worlds: tablet and notebook functionality in a lightweight but durable business device.
The product features a wide range of business ports; 9-hour battery to support a full day’s work in the field; and a magnesium alloy casing providing robust protection against drops.
Marc Amelung, general manager mobile solutions, Panasonic Australia comments, “Adding the Toughpad FZ-Q2 to our line-up allows organisations to maximise their investment in rugged technology without compromise.”
“Our Toughbook and Toughpad lineup can meet requirements across a fleet requiring different levels of ruggedness, from technicians on the road to team leaders working both in the office and the field.”
Amelung add, “We’ve already introduced 2-in-1 models in our fully-rugged notebook and tablet lineup - and this convenient design is now available in a semi-rugged form.”
The FZ-Q2 is designed for a range of users, including production line managers, fitters and mechanics in manufacturing, field service engineers and telecommunications technicians, and customer-facing sales staff in retail.
Amelung continues, “Our entire family of Toughbook and Toughpad products are engineered to meet the real-world demands our customers face on a daily basis, and in many of these environments consumer devices simply fall short.”
“With enterprise-grade features and rugged protection, the FZ-Q2 ensures a longer product lifecycle and higher return on mobile computing investments.”
Some of FZ-Q2’s key features include:
- 12.5” Full HD display for easy viewing and a wide range of business ports for use with modern and legacy business systems.
- 10-finger capacitive IPS multi-touch screen and is supplied with a capacitive pen.
- 2MP Webcam with stereo microphone and 8MP documentation rear camera
- Magnesium alloy cabinet casing, the device is able to withstand drops of up to 76cm and has an optional spill-proof keyboard, yet remains lightweight and slim (max 1.93kg and 43mm thick).
- High-resolution anti-reflective display which is visible under bright lighting indoors and out
- An Intel 6th generation CPU (Intel Core™ m5-6Y57 vPro Processor with 4 MB cache, 1.1 GHz up to 2.8 GHz) with Intel HD Graphics 515.