Talend breaks from the industry with new packaging, product and service innovations
Talend has announced its Fall '21 release, providing new service, product, and packaging innovations.
The company has applied data health concepts across its platform to help everyone from business leaders to data professionals realise value from their data quickly.
Talend's latest release introduces its first solution delivered as a service, new product capabilities to accelerate data professional productivity, and an industry-first packaging option that supports unlimited rows and unlimited users to provide data costs.
According to a recent survey, 78% of executives have challenges making data-driven decisions (96% of APAC respondents), and 60% don't always trust the data they use (55% of APAC respondents). Talend says this shows that without trust in data, any insight will always be questioned, and critical decisions may be delayed and based on flawed data.
"It's no longer just about that first-mile data movement from point A to point B," says Talend CTO, Krishna Tammana.
"Simply moving any data into a business process, analytics environment, or machine learning model will not deliver successful business outcomes. Our focus is to help customers with the last mile in data management, ensuring they have healthy data when and where they need it, in the right context," he says.
"When a business can build this into its systems and culture at scale, at the speed of business, is when it will consistently deliver successful business outcomes. Our new release builds upon the innovative quality and trust capabilities in our platform that has made Talend a leader over many years, enabling more organisations and people to benefit from healthy data."
Highlights of the Talend Fall '21 release include:
- Talend Data Quality Service gives business leaders a path to healthier data without technology or headcount investments. Data Quality Service leverages Talend's market-leading data quality technology, frameworks, dashboards, and specialists to help companies monitor the quality of business-critical data continuously.
- Native Trust Score for Snowflake profiles entire datasets inside Snowflake Data Cloud, ensuring data professionals can leverage healthy, analytics-ready data for their businesses.
- Self-service Data API sharing in Talend Data Fabric enables data engineers to run processes, applications, and analytics without relying on a developer. The new no-code product creates and shares APIs in minutes, rather than following a process that typically takes days.
- Stitch Unlimited's non-consumption-based pricing gives analysts predictable data ingestion costs and improved productivity. Analysts can focus less on consumption volumes that drive ingestion costs and more on getting value out of their data. Additionally, Stitch users can connect to multiple destinations from a single account.
- Additional new capabilities aimed to bring healthier data to organisations include a 'write once, use anywhere' Data Quality rules designer for greater agility, tailored business modelling in Data Catalog to meet governance requirements, and scalable Talend Trust Score analysis of data automatically crawled from multiple cloud data warehouses.
Juan Lopez, EVP of Engineering at Material Bank, a supplier of home furnishing samples, says having healthy data has enabled them to ship over a thousand packages a day and complete tens of thousands of fulfilled orders in a single month.
"We expect to ramp up to tens of thousands of sample orders per day by the end of this year," he says. "Talend is the centre of our organisation and the most important software we have today."
Talend will showcase its Fall '21 release at its annual Talend Connect 2021 customer conference. Talend's new platform capabilities and services will be available in Q4.