Vodafone Christchurch update - March 2nd
Vodafone has sent out the following update on its services in Christchurch.
Customer welfare and wellbeing
During the past week we have been providing credit assistance to customers who have needed it.
We are currently adding more capacity to the network and upon completion will be announcing aid packages for our Christchurch mobile customers.
In addition, we are:
- Crediting all Christchurch fixed line customers with one month’s free calling for the month of March and backdated to include the period from 22 February to the end of February. The free calling offer includes calls to landlines and mobiles on all networks.
- Waiving the disconnection and reconnection fees for home phone customers whose homes have been affected.
- Waiving the early termination charges for any of our SKY customers with a Christchurch address.
- Offering free call diversions from Vodafone landline or Home Phone Wireless phones to another NZ landline or mobile number, free for 30 days, for customers unable to get into their homes or businesses. Customers can set this up online, call us or text 3166.
- Putting accounts on hold and waiving Vodafone landline and broadband access fees for 30 days for customers who are unable to return to their homes or businesses
- Waiving any of the normal fees related to cancelling your Vodafone contract or new connection charges if you have to relocate your services. Please call us to discuss: consumer customers call 0800 438 448; business customers call 888 from your mobile or 0800 400 888
Overall the network is still functioning well with no congestion despite the increased network load. We have improved coverage vs yesterday. 16 of our cell sites are still reliant on generators for power at this time and a small group of sites are off the air. These areas are affected as a result, and there will be reduced coverage in the following suburbs today:
The suburbs still with reduced 2G coverage at 10am 2 Mar are:
- CBD (North - Kilmore St, East - Gloucester St and South - Lichfield St)
- Richmond East / Avonside
- Phillipstown, near AMI Stadium