8x8 has launched a new 8x8 contact centre solution for Microsoft Teams to enable greater customer engagement and global telephony capabilities.
The 8x8 contact centre and communications product delivers an integrated customer engagement and global telephony direct routing solution that allows employees and contact centre agents to interact with customers from any Teams endpoint.
8x8 Contact Center for Microsoft Teams offers omnichannel contact centre functionality that is fully integrated with Teams.
The solution aims to boost agent performance, simplify customer engagement workflows, and result in greater collaboration across the organisation.
8x8 Contact Center for Microsoft Teams allows sales, service and support agents to connect and collaborate with other Teams-enabled experts, and resolve customer issues.
According to the Workplace Collaboration 2021-22 Research Study from Metrigy Research, 70.4% of organisations adopting Microsoft Teams are using direct routing to connect to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
With 8x8 Contact Center for Microsoft Teams, contact centre agents, knowledge workers and supervisors can make and receive PSTN calls using the Teams app as the preferred endpoint.
Key features allow organisations to:
- Accept incoming contact centre calls in Teams, empowering agents to manage customer interactions, and capture call details and key metrics.
- Gain contact centre insights with full reporting and analytics into call quality, performance metrics, activity history, and speech analytics.
- Use 8x8 Call Recording to support regulatory compliance.
- Integrate out-of-the-box with more than 25 third-party business applications, such as Salesforce, Zendesk, NetSuite and Microsoft Dynamics 365, to automatically log all calls with the ability to attach details, recordings and speech analytics to any customer record.
- Operate worldwide with global calling plans in 42 countries six continents including unlimited calling to up to 47 countries.
8x8 Contact Center for Microsoft Teams is now available at the Microsoft AppSource as a solution certified for Microsoft Teams.
8x8 chief product officer Dejan Deklich says, “Organisations are rapidly adopting Microsoft Teams for all their employee collaboration requirements, and now recognise the importance of integrating it with the contact centre to enhance customer experience.
"8x8 Contact Center for Microsoft Teams enables IT and service leaders to seamlessly embed customer engagement with global voice communications into Teams workflows to gain deeper insights across all interactions.
"This helps organisations meet their unique business requirements, allowing employees and customers to stay productive and engaged from anywhere.
Microsoft director of Microsoft Teams Daniel Canning says, “Organisations have turned to Microsoft Teams to help solve their most critical collaboration and telephony needs, so integrating advanced contact centre capabilities into their communication hub is a natural next step.
"We are pleased to see 8x8 successfully complete the contact centre certification process, providing their customers with a reliable integration with Teams, empowering their employees and contact centre agents to connect with customers and provide a seamless experience.