LinkedIn search gets much much smarter
Did you know 5.7 billion professionally oriented searches were done on LinkedIn last year?
Every day, LinkedIn says millions of professionals are finding others and getting founding through LinkedIn search.
Whether the search evolves around people, jobs or companies, the online business network aims to provide relevant results based on professional identity, network, and how the people in your network engage with LinkedIn.
"Today, search on LinkedIn is getting even smarter and more streamlined," says Johnathan Podemsky, product manager, LinkedIn.
"We’ve unified the search experience so you no longer need to search for people, companies, or jobs separately.
"Now, all you need to do is type what you’re looking for into the search box and you’ll see a comprehensive page of results that pulls content from all across LinkedIn including people, jobs, groups and companies."
New features include:
• Auto-complete – As you type your search term you’ll be prompted with options for what you may be looking for, and the more you search, the better it will get at predicting what you want.
• Suggested searches – Now when you type in a search term such as “product manager” you’ll see example search queries for people or jobs related to product manager as well as a preview of top results to help you find what you’re looking for in one click.
• Smarter query intent algorithm – The more you search for content on LinkedIn, the more it learns and understands your intent over time to provide the most relevant results.
• Enhanced advanced search – Not only has advanced search gotten a new look, it’s also easier to deepen your search with filters like location, company, school and more.
• Automated alerts – Save time by saving your searches and we’ll alert you when the results change.Slides here
Do you use LinkedIn search? What are the pros and cons for you? Tell us your thoughts below
By Johnathan Podemsky, product manager, LinkedIn